Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Woodland Park Cyclocross

Sunday was the MFG Cyclocross season finale race at Woodland Park in Seattle with a record setting number of riders. The weather was perfect and our team had several new riders show up. I entered the first two races and faired about average after the first one and was lapped during the second. I wasn't too unhappy getting lapped because I was pretty tired and ready to dismount one last time.


 Here I am with the normal look of someone sucking in as much air as they possible can while trying to keep their lungs in place too. 


My McGiver attempt to keep the toes warm helped a little. 



Very happy the race is over and I can relax. Cross is supposed to be fun, but my miserable meter was pegged today.

My brother in law Gunnar is determined to get my sister Kathy to the Fort Steilacoom race next weekend. His words were, she was excited and her eyes lit up when she was watching us on Sunday, so he wants her to at least try it. Our team has a size 50cm bike that will fit her just fine. Should be fun.


After the race we headed toward the 5th ave theater to purchase tickets to the musical, The Adams Family, 7 pm show. After getting our tickets we went to our Aunt Janet's and Uncle Mike's house for a badly needed shower and lunch. We visited with them, Kathy, Gunnar and Mike's cousin Christi? for a few hours,
until the girls decided Red Mill Hamburgers was going to dinner before the show. The theater was promoting the musical Hair Spray, so Bek and I decided to try on the paper wigs.

 

We're looking pretty good don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment