Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cyclocross in Enumclaw

This was my first race in a very long time and was expecting it to be like last year with a major down pour early in the day, but the weather gods decided to give us a mixture of clouds with a few sun breaks. Perfect  for Cross. The course was still pretty muddy because of the previous days rain. Since I've been out of the saddle for a while I thought I would try something different and start dead last to see how many riders I could pass. Out of 60'ish Cat 4 riders, I only passed 8 and finished 52'nd. Which is about par for the course. : ) I didn't get half way around the course before the Cat 3 Masters 35+ were passing me like I was dragging a car tire. It was good to get out and throw some mud again with the team and next week is the Woodland Park race which is always a fun one with a huge turnout. Susan and Jaz decided to join me today and between them, they got a few good shots of everyone. 


I'm smiling now because the race is over.


It may not have been raining, but the course was loaded with mud.  

2 comments:

  1. Great that you're back on the bike. Hope your back is going better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hank. I saw the Chiropractor and he stretched me, cracked me and sent me on my way with a few new stretches to do at the house. Next week at Woodland Park will be the real test. I want to try two races again and make a day of it. Kathy, Gunnar and Janet may show up to watch us sling a little mud.

    John

    ReplyDelete