Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fort Steilacoom Cyclocross


Today was my last SCX race for the season and my sister Kathy was coerced by her husband Gunnar to ride in her first cross race . The team I ride with is called Team Double Check and they're a great bunch of people to be associated with. Brian, the ring leader has a donor bike put together with pieces and parts from multiple bikes from multiple people and it's a size 50cm. Perfect for Kathy. I did the C4 Men's at 9:15 and told her I would ride with her during the 10:15 race to keep her out of harms way. I met her at the top of the run up (no sense doing that more than necessary) and stayed with her for the duration. She listened well to all of my instructions. Stay right, down shift, hold your line as well as instructions from others in the form of: passing on your left/right, race leader coming through. We got two laps in before we heard the last bit of information and had an early exit. Not sure if she'll be doing anymore racing, but she had a good time and kept the wheels upright. I think the she disliked all the bumps the most of all and I agree. 


Here we are coming out of the muddy section at a casual pace looking for a hand out.   


Not a finish for the SCX records, but it's one for her's. 

Our after race photo finish. Notice anything missing? Mud and sweat! Good times all around. 

2 comments: