Sunday, November 25, 2012

Frozen Fingers


As an all season bike commuter I get to ride in the nice weather as well as the not so nice. The rain is easy to overcome. You put your gear on and ride until you get home/work, remove your clothes and hang them up to dry. Wind... put your head down and power through it. Ice... you drive in because you'd be a fool to attempt that commute. The cold however can be beat. Everything on my body stays relatively warm except my fingers so I came up with some prototype wind blockers and attached them to my brake levers with some hot glue. Since I made them out of a milk jug, they're not very pretty but if they work I'll find a clear material, reshape them and glue'em on. I could buy a good pair of winter riding gloves, but that would mean spending more money on gear and put me deeper in the red for the year. This is almost a free fix and I can remove them in the spring.   

No comments:

Post a Comment