Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MFG Cyclocross

This past weekend was the first of many official cyclocross races of the year. I decided to sign up for the normal two races for the day, but instead of two Cat 4 races I signed up for the C4 45 + and C3 45+. Not because my lap times have gotten faster, I just wanted more track time. What a mistake that was. My lower back flared up on the last lap of the first race and I thought having a race in between my second would give me time to stretch it out and prepare for seven more laps of pain. Didn't happen! I was nothing more than an obstacle out there and everyone was blowing by me so fast it made me feel like I was dragging a car tire. It may have sucked being out there, but it really shows you how fast these riders are and reminds you of your place. On the bright side, I kept my wheels and body vertical throughout the day. More pain this weekend at Fort Steilacoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment