Saturday, May 5, 2012

Project X and Y

So every once in a while I find a motorcycle that needs a little TLC with plans of flipping it for a small profit. I bought the top one, a 2000 Suzuki Katana 600 in late January and after tracking down the original owner I finally got a clean title. I ended up selling it last Friday and turned around and bought an 81 Suzuki 750E on Monday. This one has a clean title and I spent a few hours today working on it. I did the normal things mechanics do with an old bike: Pulled, cleaned and re-installed the carb's, new plugs, then I hooked up an IV bottle with gasoline in it and jumped it with the truck battery. After some coaxing with some carb cleaner, it fired up and ran smooth. It's been sitting in a garage for the last 18 months and the oil looked good so I didn't bother changing it, but the gas tank is pretty rusted. I ordered a product online to take of it and I'll let you know how it works after next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment