Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Rides

I recently upgraded my commuter to a 2011 Redline Conquest Pro. I was riding a 2009 Conquest Sport size 58, but came across a better frame on Craigslist and after getting a new crank set and carbon fork, I was up and running in no time flat. It's a size 56, so it fits me a little better as well. I discovered Cyclocross racing two years ago and was converting my commuter on the weekends to cross mode then and putting it back together after the Sunday races. No more of that because my wife allowed me to purchase a 2012 Redline Carbon Pro and since I'm a member of Team Double Check, Center Cycle gives us a generous team discount and allows us to arrange a short payment plan. I can't wait until the season kicks off on Labor Day. If'they give out ribbons for 64th place, I'm going to put this baby on the podium.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool, but don't plan on finishing ahead of me, John. I have a jet pack.

    http://pinnedit.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/jet-pack.html

    And I know how to make the right noises to make it work. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. A jet pack? What a great idea to speed up the commute time. I'm on it!

    ReplyDelete