Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Texas BBQ

Susan and I went to San Antonio this past weekend for her ??'th High School reunion. It was suggested I take out the number of years for her reunion and since I like my life as is, I complied. : )  We got to visit and stay with her brother Jimmy and his wife Martha in the Casita. The place is super nice. We also visited with our niece Shannon and her husband Damion. But Lauren, their daughter was the best part of the trip. Well maybe? Family and friends are nice, but the food was the kicker. We ate out for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. It was AWESOME!  Lauren was fun to be around and at 16 months she's bordering the perfect age of two years old. Highly mobile and interested in everything. Visiting my buddy Gonz (Steve) and Mary D was great as well. I had to remind myself how to go to bars, drink beer, throw darts and shoot the shit. It was tough to remember, but I managed. It's always nice to back to Texas, but the humidity is still a killer for me so I'll take the clouds of the North West any day of the week.
 
Lauren wasn't too happy while I was holding her, but when I kicked in my charm she was fine.
 
Here she is in a much better mood.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Totally cute......charm-plus for both of you.
    welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Janet. It's good to be home, but I wish we could bring the food with us.

    John

    ReplyDelete