Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Impulse Buy or Greernomics?

We decided to go into Office Depot a few days ago to look at laptops for Jasmine since she received enough money from friends and family for graduating High School. I walked in and met Kevin, an OD associate. The first thing I mentioned was the fact that I haven't seen the DVD+R's on sale for quite some time. He asked which ones I was talking about and said if I wanted them I could have them for half off. Cool! We're off to a good start. Then we starting looking at the laptops and asked several questions about 3 or 4 that caught our eye and price range. After a good 30 minutes of listening to a great salesman, I slid a little Greernomics (buy super low, sell super high) into one of my replies. So, if we buy two of them do we get a discount? He said he might be able to work something out and I left it at that. A few minutes later he said if we get two he'll knock off an additional 10%. Sold! Then Bek hit him up on a jump drive. She had one picked out and he let her (us) have it for half off.  Good timing on our part and a bit of luck having a salesman with some pull. Jasmine and Susan are happy with their new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment